General Practice (GP) collections
We collect information from General Practices (GPs) in England for use in planning, research and generating payments.
All requests for information we receive are reviewed to make sure they follow best practice, the law and our requirements for good Information Governance (IG).
Why we collect
The information we collect is used for a range of different purposes. For example, for NHS England we collect information about GP achievement under the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) and delivery of Enhanced Services.
The information we collect can help to:
- improve screening and treatment times for serious conditions such as cancer
- plan services for major public health issues like flu epidemics
- prevent people from developing diabetes and losing their sight
- improve services for people with learning disabilities
- calculate and generate payments to GPs
We collect GP information using a combination of different systems:
- General Practice Extraction Service (GPES)
- Calculating Quality Reporting Service (CQRS)
- GP clinical