CQRS/General Practice (GP) collections
HSCIC collects and processes information about General Practice (GP) services in England. We collect information using Calculating Quality Reporting Service (CQRS) and other systems
The information we collect is used for planning research and generating payments. For example, we collect information for NHS England about GP achievement under the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) and Enhanced Services. All the GP information we collect is based on non-identifiable patient data.
We collect information about GP services using several different systems.
- Calculating Quality Reporting Service (CQRS) is used by practices to enter information and agree to participate in information collection
- General Practice Extraction Service (GPES) is used to collect information
- GP clinical
systems are used to record
information about services
The information we collect is used for different purposes including:
- improving screening and treatment times for serious conditions such as cancer
- planning services for major public health issues like flu epidemics
- helping prevent people from developing diabetes and losing their sight
- improving services for people with learning disabilities
- calculating and generating payments to GPs
Sign up for GP collection bulletins