General Practice (GP) collections
HSCIC collects information about General Practice (GP) services in England - this information is used for planning research and generating payments.
The information we collect is used for a range of different purposes. For example, for NHS England we collect information about GP achievement under the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) and delivery of Enhanced Services.
Information we collect is used to:
- improve screening and treatment times for serious conditions such as cancer
- plan services for major public health issues like flu epidemics
- help prevent people from developing diabetes and losing their sight
- improve services for people with learning disabilities
- calculate and generate payments to GPs
The information we collect is based on non-identifiable patient data. All requests for information are reviewed sure they follow best practice, the law and our requirements for good Information Governance (IG).
We collect using a combination of different systems:
- General Practice Extraction Service (GPES)
- Calculating Quality Reporting Service (CQRS)
- GP clinical
For regular updates, sign up to receive GP collection bulletin