Best Practice Toolkit
Following feedback from NHS Pathway Users, we have produced some guide sheets to help you get the best out of the tools. Currently, the toolkit includes the following areas:
Directory of Services (DOS) Optimisation (PDF, 359.2kB) – this guide explains the impact of a poorly populated DOS and suggestions on how its performance can be improved.
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Management (PDF, 381.0kB) – this guide offers practical advice on how to improve performance through the regular use of CQI management.
Local Mapping and Integration (PDF, 266.5kB) – this guide explains what happens when mapping tables are not appropriately programmed and what actions you can take to improve mapping and integration.
Systems Configuration (PDF, 267.6kB)- this guide offers practical tips for call flow mapping and explains how NHS Pathways works alongside other systems
Engagement (PDF, 317.8kB) - this guide explains the process of change management and provides tips for addressing issues which may arise during implementation.
Training Delivery (PDF, 305.6kB) - this guide gives top tips for high quality training and includes a case study of how training can be improved.
Staffing Model (PDF, 333.0kB)- this guide provides guidance on correct staffing ratios and what skills staff should have.
We'll be adding to this toolkit over the coming months so check back regularly!
If there is a key area that you would like support on, please contact us and we will try our best to produce a guide.
Call Length Management Toolkit
The purpose of this toolkit is to provide NHS Pathways licensed user organisations with the right materials to review call lengths and in some cases reduce current call length for either the entire organisation or an individual. This is designed to support the CQI processes and procedures laid out in the NHS Pathways end user license.
This toolkit contains:
- Reducing call length guide: (PDF, 183.1kB) intended as guidance for anyone with a remit to support staff in reducing call length.
- Ensuring appropriate call length staff guide (PDF, 176.1kB): intended for front line staff as a means of highlighting strategies to ensure appropriate call length.
- Ensuring appropriate call length distance learning pack (PDF, 287.2kB): self-guided learning resource to be used as an alternative to attending the taught session described below.
- Feedback guide (PDF, 209.2kB): to support any staff involved in giving feedback. Also contains a section on receiving feedback which can be copied and given to front line staff.
- NHS Pathways hot topics (PDF, 87.1kB): a list of topics available - including clinical subject areas and system focussed topics.